Hour meter

Hi Roger, this is Steve Young - I bought the Taylor Dunn cart a couple month's ago. Was wondering if you had a 2" diameter hour meter I could put in my cart's dash. Also, maybe you have electrical controls for this cart I could buy for spares. Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Oops, sent incorrectly.

Reply to
Stephen Young

If he can't find you one, they've got a new line of very inexpensive panel hourmeters at Grainger - under $20. Several case form and voltage choices.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks Bruce

Reply to
Stephen Young

Couldn't find them searching their online catalog.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Search on 'hour' They are all listed at about $30 at

Quite a few listed at

for somewhat less money.

has several pages of them, wildly vary> Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

Minor mis-speak - $27.20 mechanical, $28.60 LCD, without discounts. Cat 395 PP 454, for you 3AE14 or 3AE19 are the likely ones.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

If you have 220V AC then you also have 110V AC. Or am I missing something?

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

Shawn

I'd expect the 110vac or the 220vac to be pretty colse to having 12 VDC if you have a diode and some resistors, since that meter draws such a low current.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes

Not necessarily. Even if you're thinking about 220VAC + safety ground, the exceptions allowing you to use safety ground as a neutral are rather limited, and I don't think an hour meter is included in them. (Off the top of my head I can only think of dryer lights, and even there I cannot figure out why they don't use a 220V bulb.)

I want to believe that the dryer light bulb exception was included because a complaint that the bulb isn't working might make an electrician check the safety ground. If the hour meter is part of a warranty or maintenance contract then the customer may figure out how to defeat safety ground as a way to save money :-(

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

$27.20 mechanical, $28.60 LCD, cheap enough for brand new? ;-)

Grainger Cat 395 PP 454. 3AE10, 3AE22 et al.

The mechanical models take anything between 90 - 240 VAC, the LCD ones 32 - 277 VAC. Wide enough range for you?

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Good point.