How to get known?

It was a mistake. I don't EVER want to be confused with spammers so I am purposely taking my sig off this particular thread to avoid that accusation... people who really want to find me can do it via other threads where the sig is prominently shown at the bottom every time. I don't think anyone here would confuse me with spammer-trash, but one or two complaints that get you blacklisted can really hurt business...

The sites are different to get page rank under different terms. "production drilling" and "multiple spindle heads" are sometimes thought of in teh same realm, but because they are used in different arenas (CNC, lathe, fixtures on assembly lines, robot handled, etc.) we chose to make some focused sites... We have 8 or 9 up now.

It also helps with the search engine ranking since we sometimes have three different sites in the top 10. Better odds of a clickthrough.

CLIP

Good!

CLIP

Anything is helpful in this "brainstorming" session... I appreciate the thoughts and ideas!

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

no sig for this thread (when I remember!)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Build and use a trebuchet????

Reply to
Old Nick

Cheaper to go up in the air with a freind in his small plane and throw loads of flyers out... Covers more are too...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Yanno, the "airplane scatter flyers" idea might work, but it's messy and you can't control the distribution pattern.

They make automatic paper folding machines to put flyers in envelopes - I wonder if they could make a folding machine that would fold them into paper airplanes in bulk?

Then people who spot them might want to track and catch them as they glide down... Oh, and use rice paper and soy ink for the flyers, so the environmentalists don't complain about the leftovers.

You could always pull a "Les Nessman" and drop domesticated turkeys out of the airplane...

-->--

Hey, I can do sig-less, too!

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Oh the inhumanity! sob......

Gunner

Gunner

Disclaimer: my "business" is electronics rather than metalworking.

I puruse the trade mags and rags regularly, read the ads as much as the 20% of technical content that has any relevance to me.

Having an informative "go to" website with some "how to" content and examples of customer problems solved might help. Examples:

These guys all have competitors of course, and they may not be lowest-cost suppliers -- but I *know* that stuff I buy from them will do what I want to do.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Clipped some good sites and info... Thank you!

The key here is that you found their sites... I'm positioned very well on most content-related searches. However, I'm sure I'm missing some good methods to publisize and/or advertise my sites. Trade magazines work in one arena. Web promotions and/or press releases work in others. Link exchanges simply give us a bigger footprint.

I actually contacted two of those sites for some info as they had products I might be interested in on another front... So word of mouth is great too.

...Constantly looking for a new avenue of opportunity here...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

what do you mean take the flyers out of the box first?

Reply to
Bill Chernoff