How to make more room in garage

Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several other things.

Reply to
stryped

Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several other things.

Reply to
stryped

several

I'm only going to say this once so listen carefully... "GET RID OF THE CARS!" A car at home is a bad thing, as it can only take you away from your garage full of tools. If I were you, I'd sell the cars and use the money to buy more tools, and build an addition on to the garage.

John B.

Reply to
jd_bowden

Sell the 2 cars you have and buy 2 Smartfor2s. Then trade the 2 welders for one that will do everything you need to do. Get a small enough one so you can store it INSIDE the sand blasting cabinet

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

No no. Buy 2 motorcycles. They can live in the garage, and if you choose the right bikes can provide endless reasons to use the tools.

Zebee

Reply to
Zebee Johnstone

have, it's never enough !

Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

I agree but the motorcycles can be in the living room. Get dark carpet to hide the oil stains.

Reply to
ff

"Stuff", when put into the dark of a garage is like mice or cats. You come back, you got more than when you left. It will be impossible to manage, as "stuff" will propagate to fill available space. Case in point: If you added

500 sf to your garage this evening, it would be full in two weeks.

I would consider a shop, or doing something with those pesky cars.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Try using the cube. Mount the welders on a shelf and store" other things" below them. Jim

Reply to
Jim L.

Sure. Two ways. Add a basement or a second floor.

Cars in a garage...theres a concept Ive not thought about in years....

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

--Car covers are cheap, compared to renting workshop space! ;-)

Reply to
steamer

Only problem is, those multiply too!

'88 Kaw KLR250 '78 BMW R100RS '75 BMW R75/6 '69 BMW R60US '59 BMW R50

Plus a pickup truck, all in the garage - except for the oldest bike which is due to get its frame powder coated soon.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:10:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote (in message ):

Nope. You have run into the Law of Nature that says "You will always have 20% more stuff than room".

Roger in Vegas Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Reply to
Roger Hull

only if they are made in milwaukee

Reply to
Erik Litchy

Carefully disassemble the front of the garage. Add 10 feet to the building. Put the front back on.

Steve. Who is just finishing up the design for a new shop at the house he just bought with a two car garage.

Reply to
SteveF

Sure, wait for a nice day, call up some friends, and painstakingly move everything outside. Keep your eye on the weather and make nice stacks of everything so you can move it easily. Now right around midday, break for lunch and have fun looking at all the great stuff in the driveway, on the lawn, whatever. Then, drive the two cars in gradual-like: one at a time. If you've got a friend with bagpipes, this goes real well. Maybe someone else can even bang the drum slowly. Take a picture of the two cars in the garage, print it up, and have it framed to hang over your workbench in the garage. Next, pull the two cars out quickly, and jam all the tools back in.

Charles Morrill

Reply to
Charles Morrill

Yes. Give all the stuff to me. Or, at the very least, give me the two welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet, and several other things. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Of course! You can't stop at just one.

But as someone else said, they can live in the house, try getting a car through the back door...

Zebee - 73 Guzzi 74 Guzzi 73 Ducati 76 Yamaha 52 BMW, single garage and the living room is up 2 flights of stairs...

Reply to
Zebee Johnstone

Reply to
RoyJ

Build a shed. Move stuff from garage to shed, park cars in garage. Drag more stuff home, 'cause now you have room for it in the garage. Continue until garage is full and cars are parked outside again. Repeat.

Reply to
Ron DeBlock