How to make more room in garage

Clearly you don't have enough tools if you are even considering this.

For shame.

Reply to
Scott Moore

Besides, you can't park a mill out on the curb.

Reply to
Scott Moore

On 6 Dec 2004 11:09:54 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

FWIW I think that stryped is an old flame from here....Don. Not _quite_ a troll.

Reply to
Old Nick

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote back on 6 Dec 2004 11:09:54 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Either get an industrial sized box stretcher, or shrink your measuring tape. And get smaller cars. that, or get a bigger garage.

Otherwise, the only "practical" suggestions I can offer is to think "up". Look into some manner of "stacking", securing stuff "up" over the cars when not in use. Make sure it is secure, nothing less fun that having something fall on the car just before you have to go out.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

[ ... ]

Especially something like a Bridgeport or a Monarch lathe. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Well think of the alternatives. Would *you* want your car or truck falling on your 10EE?

Lathe goes on *top*!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Consider using the space high up on the walls for storage. Welders, air compressors and shelves can all be hung high. Although the compressor is better placed in a "dog house" outside to help eliminate the noise.

Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Reply to
Ron Thompson

Ron Thompson wrote: : Consider using the space high up on the walls for storage. Welders, : air compressors and shelves can all be hung high. Although the : compressor is better placed in a "dog house" outside to help eliminate : the noise. --Good advice *unless* you live in earthquake territory. I save the high shelves for storage of things like hunks of neoprene and foam, heh.

Reply to
steamer