How to move rocks 400-1000 lbs

like how they hold a champagne cork in, but bigger, upside down, and of chain instead of wire. :-)

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

What's that Lassie? You say that Ignoramus11847 fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:36:48 -0500:

I moved bigger than that with my Jeep. I used a recovery strap for most of them. Use the kind that has loops at each end. Put the strap around the rock choker style, and hook to your frame mounted tow hook on your truck. If you don't have 4wd, you might not be able to get some of the bigger ones. I was surprised how big of a stone I could drag.

Reply to
dan

Some do

. I understand.

Reply to
David Billington

I needed to move a bar fridge sized rock from one spot to another (no real lifting). I used a lever to roll it onto a simple plywood 'sledge', then pulled the sledge across the yard with the pick up truck. Not too much trouble.

Reply to
Pete Snell