hydraulic assistance request

I've been using SPX Power Team electric hydraulic pumps for my presses , and they're great because they are integrated and ready to use without me understanding the hows and whys of their design. But now I have the need for moving more oil faster and want to do so without forking over the thousands of $$$ it would take to just buy a bigger pump of the same style. Today I was talking to someone who set themselves up very inexpensively by bodging together a motor, pump, and reservoir and apparently has a better performing system than I do with a lot less invested. Sounds great but I am not familiar enough with this stuff to just start looking for separate motors and pumps and valves .

So , here's a few details about what I have and am doing, and feel free to ask for more info so that I can maybe ask the right questions or have a few clues about what to scrounge for. Now I'm using the 1hp model with an auto dump valve, but advance/ hold/return function would be nice.

10,000 psi , and running many hundreds of press cycles a day, several seconds apart. This particular motor verges on being too loud ( though it's billed as 'whisper quiet') to keep inside next to the work, so something bigger and louder will likely go outside....... It's used with single acting rams , and isn't rated for continuous use. It moves 300 in3 /min at 0 psi and 30 in3/ min at 10,000 psi. I'd like to get going at twice that rate or more.

Anyway , there's some basic info and we can take it from there. Thanks, Dar

Reply to
Sheltech

with a lot less

start looking

for more info so that

function would be nice.

apart. This particular motor verges on being too

so something bigger and louder will likely go

moves 300 in3 /min at 0 psi and 30 in3/ min at 10,000

Well....... IS it as easy as scrounging together a motor , pump, and reservoir , as long as everything's rated to 10,00 psi, and the valve is right for what I'm doing, and I get help wiring things?. C'mon...... I'm a good Junkyard Wars style technician/fabricator , but in this area I'll need some direction from the expert(s). Stop snickering UncPh..... you're gonna help bodge. Muchas Gracias,

Dar

Reply to
Sheltech

with a lot less

start looking

reservoir , as long as everything's rated to 10,00 psi?>

but

Well.....(again).... not as simple as pillaging the Surplus Center catalog that's loaded with 2,000-

5,000 psi. components. Maybe my first plan of waiting for the right Enerpac or Power Team 10,000 psi pump on Ebay IS the way to go. My other source tells me .........

So long and thanks for all the fish, DS

Sheltech