hydrolics

hi......... is there any one who has having interest in hydrolics. it is very nice subject & becoming popular day by day.

I would say that it's been getting popular day by day for a heck of a long time. If it weren't for hydraulics we'd be in a very different place today... just think, backhoes actuated by huge leadscrews and motors, garbage trucks compacting their load with enormous air-cylinders, large gorillas lifting pallets instead of forklifts...
susu wrote:

Hydraulics are my *best friend*. Without hydraulics, one man can't do many things. With them, one man can do amazing things.
GWE
One can spend amazing amounts of money doing it, too. A hose that cost me $22 from Northern Tool was quoted at $110-$120 by several local shops. One of them looked at it and said he couldn't believe they made a profit since it was the same type of hose and fitting he used. Of course they can make up whatever you need while you wait, to get your $100,000 machine running again today.
I am learning to recalculate working stresses on the fly while looking over a dealer's pile of orphan cylinders and valves. The cylinders for the front end loader I built last fall cost $15 - $20 each.
jw
Where did you get such a good deal? I have not yet found anyone selling old cylinders