hydrolics

hi......... is there any one who has having interest in hydrolics. it is very nice subject & becoming popular day by day.

Reply to
susu

I would say that it's been getting popular day by day for a heck of a long time. If it weren't for hydraulics we'd be in a very different place today... just think, backhoes actuated by huge leadscrews and motors, garbage trucks compacting their load with enormous air-cylinders, large gorillas lifting pallets instead of forklifts...

Reply to
Adam

Hydraulics are my *best friend*. Without hydraulics, one man can't do many things. With them, one man can do amazing things.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

One can spend amazing amounts of money doing it, too. A hose that cost me $22 from Northern Tool was quoted at $110-$120 by several local shops. One of them looked at it and said he couldn't believe they made a profit since it was the same type of hose and fitting he used. Of course they can make up whatever you need while you wait, to get your $100,000 machine running again today.

I am learning to recalculate working stresses on the fly while looking over a dealer's pile of orphan cylinders and valves. The cylinders for the front end loader I built last fall cost $15 - $20 each.

jw

Reply to
jim.wilkins

Reply to