I need to make a muffler for my furnace vent

Another advantage of going up is that it reduces backpressure; hot air creates a draft like a chimney and sucks the exhaust up forcefully. The extra draft gives you more back pressure to play with.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Thanks for that. I've been wondering about the idea since I saw you say that you had it. Now I guess I'll just have to wonder about how I'm going to have another essential in the new shop :-)

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

You're most welcome, Mark. Feel free to inquire if there's anything more I can do to help.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos