OT-Hunter Thompson takes Ultimate Road Trip

It's better to be a red person in a blue state than a blue person in a red state. As a red person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob at least you have a gun to protect yourself. As a blue person, your only hope is to appease the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Reply to
Gunner

Tim Killian

Gunner wrote: Thanks for making my day, Gunner.

Reply to
TheAlligator

I suspect we will find out he had something nasty and terminal and checked himself out early and fast. Just a best guess on my part.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state than a blue person in a red state. As a red person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob at least you have a gun to protect yourself. As a blue person, your only hope is to appease the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Reply to
Gunner

Oddly that was also my first thought.

Second thought was that it was accidental.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

But will he be writing about it, is the question...

FW

Reply to
Frank White

I hate to say it but that's good. Really.

Reply to
TheAlligator

I wonder if Treadeau will have duke take his life now? Engineman1

Reply to
engineman1

That was a good write up. I heard about it right before I went to sleep last night. I must admit that I was ROTFLMAO reading the vegas book. And is weird that I ended up in this town. My favorites are testing the rear end and pumping the tires up to 75psi. Or was it 'wait till he sees the bats'.

I really doubt he shot himself by accident.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Did you see when he was on the Conan O'Brian show a couple years ago? Actually, they went on location out in the woods in Colorado. Thompson had a full bar set up in a remote clearing with a bartender in a tux. He also had an array of assault rifles and a couple of profile targets set up. So he and Conan did shots and took shots--it was kind of amusing.

Reply to
ff

He said he was the only man to have ridden with both the Hell's Angels and Richard Nixon.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

But the first question that naturally pops into the head of any true H.T. fan is...what gun, caliber, and load did he use?

Reply to
Bob

Indeed. I was thinking a .45, knowing him.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state than a blue person in a red state. As a red person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob at least you have a gun to protect yourself. As a blue person, your only hope is to appease the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Reply to
Gunner

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Id forgotten about him!

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state than a blue person in a red state. As a red person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob at least you have a gun to protect yourself. As a blue person, your only hope is to appease the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Reply to
Gunner

Befitting a writer of his caliber...