OT-The party of hate picks a leader

Still more signs the Dems will be a extinct group soon.

Gunner, laughing because they simply don't get it.

It's better to be a red person in a blue state than a blue person in a red state. As a red person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob at least you have a gun to protect yourself. As a blue person, your only hope is to appease the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Reply to
Gunner

Here brainiac, read this and when you are capable of dealing with the issues let me know (although I won't hold my breath)

Hal

Reply to
hal

Here is the first few words from the above link; reasoning to be used by democrats to argue conservatism... it says a lot by what garbage if does say:

"Q: What is conservatism? A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Q: What is wrong with conservatism? A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world."

Talk about vacuum brains!

They just don't have a clue.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Ah yes, didn't read the article did you? Can't deal with the issues can you? I didn't think so.

So, which was Lincoln, conservative? What about the framers of The Constitution? Conservative?

When you get a clue, feel free to ask for clarification.

Hal

Reply to
hal

Gunner!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They need to think Dean is a good pick.

With any luck they will give Hillary the nomination in 2008 AND get Feinstein / Schumer to make gun control one of the main party planks for the election.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

"The Party of Hate" OMG!!! (can't say God in public) I belong to no party but you have really hit the nail. I am amazed at the truly vile hatred coming from the left. Isn't it the precursor to violence? I CAN visualize people like Cliffy going "Postal" ...but aren't they anti gun?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I think the problem is in trying to define the terms conservative and liberal in today's reality. The founders were true liberals as was Lincoln, in my book, as they broke from the past and paved the way to a brighter future.

In my humble opinion today's liberals represent government as their true God, and today's conservatives want less government and more individual responsibility made possible by ownership. Ownership of our own home, education, ss funds, and the like.

I think we could argue all day long if we stuck to trying to define these two terms as they are applied today. My decisions at the voting pole are based on my values and I look for the party or person who best reflects my values. It seems to be that today's liberals/democrats, or liberals, or democrats want to give their power to some elected ruler; which by your definition, would make you the conservatives in that you want to be ruled by a monarchy. Because you know once Hilary is elected, she will be a draconian ruler queen and your voice and that of the people who elect her will be silent because she will have earplugs. And you know it.

I'm game to continue dialogue if you can stop your personal attacks on my ability to read, etc. Which is a dead giveaway that you are a true-blood liberal as defined as today's liberal and certainly not the kind that founded this country. This should be a compliment, should it not?

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

FEUDALISM

Forsooth, varlet, licketh the mud frometh my horse's hooves. Eth.

O_ 4o_ _|_/ /- Mutter revolt mumble. J( _7 | / |\ -|\ O | \ | \ _/\___

NEOCONISM

You there! Lundberge? Lick the mud from my Humvee's tires. If you do a real good job, one day you might own one of your very own! \ \ Wow, I could own a Humvee? You could own a tire. / \ / _________ Only in America! /__||__|O_\___ / | _| | _ | O -(_)----(_)-- _/\__

Reply to
Guido

A lot of people got fooled by Kerry and the liberal press:

John Kerry said, "for 7-1/2 years we found weapons of mass destruction" (in Iraq) (this quote towards bottom of page)

video (140k) of Kerry saying that:
Long, high quality video of Kerry saying that and other Kerry flip-flops on Iraq:
President Bill Clinton announces he is ordering US forces to "attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs...."
high quality video of MANY Clinton quotes saying WMD in Iraq:
Russian intelligence service warned Bush that Iraq was planning attacks against U.S. targets after 9-11:
Nearly two tons of radiological and nuclear materials removed from Iraq:
Iraqi nuclear scientist Hussein Isma'il Al-Bahdli saying Saddam was within two years of having a nuclear bomb:
A group of about 12 middle-ranking Iraqi nuclear technicians and their families were transported to Syria before the collapse of Saddam's regime.

9-11 Commission found ties between Iraq and al Qaeda: (page 66, section 2.5)
Willcox

Dean was endorsed by the NRA every time he ran for governor. You are going to have to find a different straw man.

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

Yes.

That is no longer correct. You are equating liberalism with your idea of totalitarian communism, and that is not correct.

And modern American conservatives obviously do NOT believe in smaller governement.

Um, what???? Are you on drugs?

Wrong on a counts.

As always, conservatives resist change. Liberals want change. Simple. Now, in terms of who has all the money and power, are they likely to be liberal or conservative?

Hal

Reply to
hal

You'll be extinct too if you keep running that new mig welder of yours on a

100' ungrounded 12 ga extension cord. Talk about 'not getting it'!
Reply to
Lefty

As much as I hate to admit it.... today's Republican representatives we have elected as our voice in Washington have bought in to the spend, spend, spend mania. I hate this as much as I imagine some Democrats hate the Kennedy, Kerry, Edwards and ugh, double ugh, Screaming Dean.

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Yes, agreed. Both are examples of the old saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely." IMHO.

The thing that is different for me, is that liberals want to spend taxpayers money on social programs. conservatives want to keep it with the wealthy and ignore the poor. I feel that a decent society MUST care for their disadvantaged. We can't reduce spending on Medicare and SS when the demand for those programs will be going up. Too many kids don't have adequate food, medical care, and education. This is going to cost us in the long run, and IMHO it's the conservatives who don't care about these things.

regards

Hal

Reply to
hal

It's not that we don't care, it's that we see the value in work and making it on your own without government. This fosters innovation, self reliance, family dependence, the things that make society and the community stronger in the long term. Yes, society should care for their disadvantaged, but the problem is defining who is truly disadvantage. The so called poverty level in this country is always rising as we keep defining what being poor really is. The have-nots will always say they are the way they are is because of those they perceive as wealthy, it's human nature to blame others for your shortcomings. Social programs almost never work in the long term, time has proven this. We have the same percentage of "poor" in this country as we did when the Great Society programs began in the '60s. Throwing buckets of money on a fire only feeds the fire. What's really needed is conservatives to be conservative.

Reply to
Wayne

planks for the

Not in my state, he wasn't.

You are

Screamin' Dean? After that performance he prolly won't be able to ever again purchase a firearm.

Reply to
bb

brighter

individual

???

The last thing fueling this economy (new housing starts) is totalitarian communism?

Whatta goof.

Reply to
bb

Really?

But, but, but...

What happens when conservatives advocate massive change... back to sanity?

Reply to
bb

Have you noticed that, when it comes to social, political, and economic change, those in America that call themselves "liberals" or "progressives" are the one that are obstructing change.

Who is it that wants to continue handling the Moslem problem in the same failed manner as for the last 30 years?

Who is it that refuses to consider changing Social Security, although they themselves admitted it a failed system?

Who is it that insist on clinging to the mistakes of the past, and perpetuating them into the future?

Strider

Reply to
Strider

Dean, like Hillary, are political chameleons, changing their colors to suit their perception of the political environment.

Dean couldn't win in his home state as a gun grabber, so he appeared gun friendly. He's just another Demwit snake and cannot be trusted in the least.

Strider

Reply to
Strider