In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

I agree. Any vacuumm could get more dirt after any other vacuum.

I think there is an endless amount of dust in most carpets.

If we could harness this supply and burn it for electricity, we would solve our oil problem.

It has even bigger ramifications, because it shows that the theory that matter is neither created nor destroyed is incomplete.

Reply to
mm

On of my part time jobs in college was rebuilding these puppies. THe guy would by up all of the old ones he could find, make the minor repairs they usually needed, ( more often than not a new impeller, due to pennies or other metal being sucked in) send the bodies out to be polished, and slap new plastic trim from Kirby on.

jk

Reply to
jk

Would that work with evangelists?

Reply to
mm

I'm thinking, Who's to say the hardwood floor thing wouldn't work with evanglists?

They offer me a brochure to read, and all I have to say is, "I'm sorry, I have hardwood floors." What will they use as a comeback for that?

If they look in or come in, I actually have tile and carpeting, but that just makes me out a liar. I wouldn't be a good member anyhow.

Reply to
mm

"Don't you have rugs on them?"

Reply to
mc

Nope, you have to show them the corpses of animals nailed to the walls etc instead.

Reply to
Rod Speed

If it's a prayer rug in front of the altar, well, that's a clue. Of course, you'd have to use a spiritual vacuum to clean those.

Reply to
Jeff Jonas

Probably not,....but having your girlfriend lay nude on the coffee table surrounded by candles and blank staring at the ceiling..visible from the front door..and wearing war paint and obviously trying to hide a dagger behind you as you answer the door..and asking them if they want to come in for the Sacrifice to Chluthu..generally puts them off their feed..... The Doors playing "This is the End" on the turntable with the bass cranked all the way up..was an additional kharma point....

You know..old ladies can really run pretty good if they want to.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

I doubt it. I never had to say a thing. Just tell door-to-door types you're not interested while you are closing the door. Those of us who do go around on occasion looking for people who are interested in finding a church will appreciate it.

Reply to
Melinda Meahan - take out TRAS

According to Ignoramus32056 :

Long ago and far away, the mother of a girl I knew asked me to sit in on a vacuum demonstration. Might have been Kirby. He did the usual stuff, which we thought pretty amusing.

Then her father got home, just as the salesman was getting to the "betcha this thing can pick up anything. Find something for me to show you" bit. Her father said "just a moment", went into the basement, and came back with a cylinder about

3/4" in diameter, 8" long.

Just as the salesman was moving the hose towards the thing, he asked "oh, by the way, what is this?".

"Stick of dynamite" was the reply.

The salesman was out of the house within 15 seconds...

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Put an ad in the yellow pages and leave us alone! Anybody who wants to find a church can easily find one without your help.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Rainbow built a vacuum that would pick up a bowling ball. The only problem was that it could also pull carpet off the tack strips. They had to recall all of them and convert them to their standard motor.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"What may I kill for your god.."

-- pyotr filipivich "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. " Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Well, well, well, petrushka, you just have revealed as a litlle imaginative & creative little perv! What about developing it into a short story or making a number for utube? You're gifted, petia...

Reply to
troll.kala.mik

A lot of people appreciate door-to-door visits from local churches; otherwise the churches would have stopped making them long ago. It's an old-fashioned welcome-to-the-community thing. I suppose next you'll want to get rid of Girl Scout cookie selling.

Reply to
mc

That's "Quemadmodum gladius..."

Reply to
mc

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote

Nar, MUCH better to nail previous evangelists and their children to the wall.

Reply to
Rod Speed

mc wrote

do go around on

church can easily

Fuck all do in fact.

Mindlessly silly, just like with any sort of sales fool.

Wrong, as always.

Nar, just fools like you.

Reply to
Rod Speed

...or "Who may I....

That incident actually happened about 1975-78is..the girl fiend was as deranged as I was (damn I miss her..she married a Congressman about her

4th time around)...and it earned us a visit from the local sherriffs department, which we expected and had cleaned up by the time they got there. Deputy friend of mine showed up...did the question thing..then on his way out..his shoulders started heaving..as he wiped a bit of missed war paint from behind my ear..and he left, laughing his ass off.

We didnt get bothered by evangelists for years..they would come down the street..and cross to the other side..waving their bibles in our direction...

Gunner