Induction Furnace Question

It has an open evap type cooling tower so possibly that is the reason. If it was a closed system with a heat exchanger it might be OK, just guessing. BTW I am in the US, central Calif Coast. Alan

Reply to
Alan Black

Conductivity due to the other additives.

Normally deionized water with 50% glycol and other corrosion inhibitors on high power units. Prevents arcing, corrosion and buildup problems.

100% glycol is no good and performs worse. 50% ideal.
Reply to
Wild Turkey

Hi Steve, I noticed we fizzled out on the cooling fluid issue and you never had a chance to talk about how many watts and what frequency your proposed unit would operate at. I for one would certainly be interested in purchasing a kit. Alan

Reply to
Alan Black

Steve, you might want to consider offering a kit that protects your intellectual property, but minimizes the cost for the hobbiest who can do fabrication. I'm thinking of a kit that would include a finished PCB and plans to build the hardware. The PCB is the part with the highest value-added and producing just it would minimize the production facilities that you would need.

My $.02, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Some notes on the cooling side of the discussion...

Thermold (Goodyear is far superior) in sizes from 3/8" to 1 1/2" on the work coils and up to 6" in the piping system.

for voltage distapation as follows: 25 volts per inch (1000 volt output systems = 40" min. hoses, and to be safe 30' hosing on the 4160 vac Input Xfrm'S)

of 30 lbs. differential.

As an aside, we run 5 forge production lines, 1) 1800KW 540 Hz. AIH,

1) 2000KW 540 Hz. Master/Slave AIH , 1) 1000KW 540 Hz. & 2) 4000KW 100/220 Hz. Ajax
Reply to
J.A. Swann