Industrial Music SWMBO

From "Metropolis," one of my top ten favorite movies. Rent it if you've never seen the whole thing.
But I identify more with Charlie Chaplin here...
Ned Simmons
Ravel's "Bolero" was written after having been in a textile mill IIRC. It could possibly be one of the very first examples of "Industrial Music"
Once you listen to it in that context, you can clearly envision the gears, pulleys, and connecting rods while listening to the music.
Reply to
Cross-Slide
Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Dec 2010 20:02:25 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Yep, more gears, pulleys and connecting rods ....
So to speak.
pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich
I like this one better:
-- You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. --Jack London
Reply to
Larry Jaques

Site Timeline