Quality Work Done On A Cylinder Head Casting For A Brough Superior

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Why not build an electric car? Massing around with filthy gasoline engines! They become like DVD players. if it breaks, just buy a new one, not worth to repair it. JS

Reply to
Protagonist

I sure hope you were able to catch him in time to tell him how necessary it was to hold .0004 on the guide bores to seat bores. Otherwise, they poor guy will have a scrap part.

gk

Reply to
gk

Unlike your engines his don't turn into hand grenades.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Too clean. I'm a dirty Jew who likes to get his hands dirty. ;>)

So dump your BMW and get a Tesla.... It's named after a genius and like you Tesla hated Jews. Seems like a match made in heaven.

Is it me or do all BMW's look like a box?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Electric car vs Ferrari

Who Killed the Electric Car trailer

Protagonist

trailer

I thought we couldn't trust Jew Hollywood? Now you want to cite Jew Hollywood when it's convenient for you to do so? ;>)

What do you think of hydrogen / fuel cell cars?

Any idea what the price is to replace the fuel cell (only good for

50,000 miles) in the Chevy Equinox?

Has anyone done any studies to see what kind of impact producing all this extra electricity needed to charge or power these cars is going to cost?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

trailer

H2O cars or pure electric cars are coming, weather you like it or not! When you'll pay $6-$7 /gal or more for gas, it'll be cost effective and much more cleaner, reliable what we have today. Your kids will rip the benfit of it. JS

Reply to
Protagonist

He needs a little Haas VF2TR.

Fantastic manual work though.

Reply to
Joe788

Using a single point tool (the boring bar in the Wohlhaupter head) he's doing a superior job to what is shown being done in the video link below with a very expensive seat and guide machine. The reason for this is that the seat and guide machine uses a form tool / multi- angle cutter and this approach will not yield the superior surface finish that a single point cutting tool does. IOW his valve will have much more contact with the valve seat and all the benefits that brings.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

But what about the .0004 concentricity? I would hate to see all that nice work wasted because he couldn't hold the required tolerances.

gk

Reply to
gk

What about answering the question I have been asking you on what the total run out tolerance is for both valve guide and seat for most modern cars?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Most likely depends on the manufacturer, Jonnie. In spite of what you might imagine, there aren't industry standards for these types of tolerances. Of course, I could be wrong and them I'm sure you will quickly point me to the appropriate SAE standard from your standards disk set. I'll be waiting.....

gk

Reply to
gk