Lubricants for a "Superior" surface grinder spindle

I've finally got my ancient Superior surface grinder running; it's identical to this:

Do I need any special grease for the spindle? A modern(ish) label suggests Alvania 2 or Energrease LS3 - are these available still?

The spindle has a couple of lube nipples but they aren't the type I'm familar with - there's a half-turn cap and then the nipples have plain sides so a modern grease gun can't lock-on - what do I need?

Finally, has anyone played around with automating one of these?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Hi Dave

Appreciate this is an old thread but I picked up a Superior grinder several months ago and have just brought it back to life. Would you happen to know where I could obtain a manual from I have tried Beacon Tools but they do not have one. Regards Steve

Reply to
stephen

There are pictures and information on Superior Surface Grinder here:

It's possible that they may have access to a photocopy of the manual although I couldn't see it in a cursory glance of their manuals page - why do they need such long pages?
You could try emailing snipped-for-privacy@lathes.co.uk

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes