De-ionised water: update

Following on from my request for information on de-ionised water, firstly let me thank all those who replied.
I'm delighted to say that the Fanuc Wire Eroder is now re-assembled
and re-commissioned in my barn and is cutting a test pattern as I type this.
The ion exchange column within the machine was able to process the 200 litres of 'inital fill' water and is keeping the conductivity within limits - lucky bonus was a tub of anion mixed cation resin that I was unaware was part of the sale!
AWEM
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:28:31 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Can it be regenerated or is it disposable?
Regards Mark Rand RTFM

200
within
was
It's a mixture of two resins, both of which can be revived if separate, but as they are mixed, it's a case of ditching and refilling!
AWEM
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:23:35 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Drat! You'd think it would be so simple to make them different densities or use separate beds. Maybe the replacement cost is comparable with regeneration if you're not running a power station...
Hmm. Pressurised water cooled induction furnace with a steam drum and condenser :-)
Regards Mark Rand RTFM

But presumably the induction furnace would use more electricity than was produced, otherwise it would violate the laws of thermodynamics.
David
--
David Littlewood

Can you not separate them based on density?
As far as I recall this is usually done by pumping water upwards through the resin in a suitable column, which makes the less dense particles float to the top at which point you separate and regenerate.
Alan