Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond?

Are parts available for the servo-shift? At a reasonable price? Is the added complexity and potential repair cost of the servo-shift a good reason to stay away from these lathes?

Thanks Doug

Reply to
doug

Servo-Shift is what makes the later LeBlonds so great. Jump all over it if the price is rightt and it has the 2-3/16" spindle hole. I bought one new and don't know of any 15" lathe I would trade it for. Leigh@Marmachine

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

Its a 14x30 with a 1.5" spindle.

Doug

Reply to
doug

This is the exact lathe I learned to machine with. Its one fine lathe.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Doug, LeBlond Lathes are Cadillacs, like Lodge & Shipley. They are sooo much better than the competition, you should not hesitate. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi