Is there a way to glue aluminum?

Forgive the dumb question, but I don't do much with metal working.

I'd like to use epoxy or some other kind of glue to attach a piece of aluminum square tubing inside a piece of Aluminum angle iron. Ideally, it would be a structural bond, but if it only holds it long enough for me to drill holes between the two pieces, that would be ok.

Basically, I need the holes to be exactly aligned, and was hoping to glue them together to avoid a lot of clamps while I drill.

I'm open to other ideas as well. I don't think tape is going to do the job though.

Reply to
bf

And also, forgive me for not doing a google search.. I found what I need. Sorry to interupt your group.

Reply to
bf

double sided carpet tape is often used for this sort of thing. Quite strong too.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

the lotus elise is glued aluminum extrusions.

Reply to
erik litchy

I use superglue for exactly that sort of application. When working with metal/plastic, sometimes you need to lightly sand the surfaces. Using super glue takes lots of experience (especially to avoid getting stuck to things).

Afterwards, you can scrape it off with a utility knife or whatever.

Good luck.

Reply to
John Doe