J&L industrial 115 drill bit set

Would anyone who owns that set and is satisfied, post the item number for it. Their online catalog is very hard to find stuff in.

thanks

Ignoramus28652

i do not know,sorry

Reply to
chj

Is this it?

Hertel set, US made, $89ish.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Mike, just to be totally clear, these drill bits are better than TiN coated Harbor Freight ones, right? If you say so, I will buy these.

thanks

Ignoramus24277

See the flyers from their main web page. For example page 4 on this one:

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

But who's the cutie in graduation photo #20? Do you have any further information on that one?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Is this the set you're interested in? DST-90123E

Max

Reply to
Max

I've never used any of the HF drills but would be really surprised if the Hertel set isn't a lot better. I've been using the bright (polished?) sets and get nice symetric chips from them in aluminum and SS. The HF set might work just as well in balsa wood.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Every time I've checked J&L, their prices were significantly higher than MSC.

Steve

Ignoramus28652 wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:16:20 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "Mike Henry" quickly quoth:

I have their basic 29 piece set. They work so-so in soft metals, horribly in balsa (wood's too soft) but OK in hardwoods (if you don't mind horrible tearout, front and rear, plus oval holes.) I haven't yet tried them on real metal. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques