Romanian hacker Vladuz controls eBay (at least parts of eBay Germany)

Romanian Hacker Vladuz Makes Another eBay Housecall http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m03/i14/s02
Vladuz told us to watch CNN on March 15.
Also:
eBay Auction Listing Swings Remain a Mystery http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m03/i12/s01

Ebays refusal to correct serious flaws in thier security will eventually effect thier status on the stock market, as users stop visiting thier site sellers will migrate to safer sites to sell thier wares. Expect a huge drop in ebays revenue and a drop in thier stock price. As usuall ebay blames users for fraud instead of spending the money to fix the problems on thier auction site. Kinda reminds me of tabacco companies saying its not our fault you got lung cancer.
Best Regards Tom.

I believe that they are hiding serious security breaches (that is, far beyond phishing) from us. Computer security is a very difficult thing to do properly against thousands of brilliant hackers, but, in any case, eBay is not very forthright about what is going on.

Agreed, thier behavior is typical of many american corporations these days. Incompentantce, neglagence and blaming others for thier failings along with a few outright lies thrown in the mix seems to be the normal operating procedure.
Best Regards Tom.

eventually
days.
with
I can't argue with what you guys are saying, but I'm surprised everybody assumes it's "all Ebay's fault". Why can we not lay blame where it belongs? With the criminals that are attempting to steal? I'm afraid we are just attacking the easy target, instead of fixing the real problem.

Yes ebay should have a special operations group that operates globaley and shuts down thiefs with extreme prejudice, but thier to cheap to spend the money it takes to do the job. Never assume ebay uses due-diligence to protect thier customers thier to cheap to do that.
So how do you shut down a 15 year old thief in romania ?
Best Regards Tom.

Give me a passport/plane tickets, his address and a hushpuppy along with $50k a hit and we can find out easily enough.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham
Gunner wrote:

I'm sure there's one in THAT country that would do the job for 1/10 the price... /m

Sure..you can always buy Chinese
Gunner
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:47:19 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner

Or Czech his life at the door.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

    There you go mark, advocating the outsourcing of Jobs for Americans.
pffffttth!
pyotr -- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Now Gunner, you should be able to make your own and not have it provided. ;)
Wes
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:07:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Shush..never suggest that anyone with a machine shop could possibly understand or be capable of manufacturing a Maxim Muffler
Least not in the States...
Gunner
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham

I wish I was in one of those states where the 200 dollar tax would get me into legally owning a tube. Different wipes for different calibers don't cost extra.
The strangest thing is that in Europe, sound suppression seems to be encouraged in some locales. Hollywood screwed us over big time.
Wes

I wonder how many hackers have to be publicly executed before they get the hint.
Dave Lyon wrote:

I wonder if the word "Hacker" will ever get used again for it's original meaning? Unlikely.. It used to mean something positive, not the meaning the media has turned it into.
Perhaps they didn't like the word Cracker which is the real term..
Wayne...
azotic wrote:

Nuclear warhead? With any luck, the EMP will also destroy his ISP's server farm, too.
prove it.

You have a good point... It's just that hackers are hard to find.
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:30:57 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dave

You make an extremely good point, Dave. They're going after the victim here, a victim whom I'm sure is doing everything they can to shut out the Vladuzes of the world.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

Yeah other countries Corps are all totally competent and readily accept blame for their failings....whatever dude.