Jacobs chuck disassembly

How does a plain vanilla Jacobs 33AB chuck come apart? I want to clean up
the mounting threads and maybe replace the jaws on an otherwise decent chuck
and can't figure out how that sucker comes apart.
The thread is a 5/8-16 and the top two threads are buggered up. I want to
chuck it in the 4 jaw and either chase the thread or bore the bad ones out.
TIA
Tom
Reply to
Tom Wait
The short answer set chuck half way open then press off the sleeve. But better yet check on the Jacobs site good description there.
Jack
Reply to
Jack Hayes

Chief McGee
Thanks for the help, guys. Now why didn't I think of the Jacobs comany site? DUH!! Tom
Reply to
Tom Wait