Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC

Car Nutz:

Jay Leno is negotiating a new series of "Jay Leno's Garage" with CNBC, which the hard-core car nutz (like me) will not want to miss. I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Jay's garage last Spring, and the stuff he has in there will drive you wild -- everything from a steam-powered motorcycle and a tiny Lotus 7 to a monster powered by a tank engine, and at least two cars with Rolls-Royce engines -- Merlins.

I think I left a puddle of drool under the three 1920s Bugatti Grand Prix cars, which have engines that were made in machine shops, machined all over.

Anyway, it should be a fun show; I'm planning to go out there again, and I'll keep you up to date.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Not bad, but about all I look at on CNBC is "American Greed".

Hey! A friend in a high place! You know what, I heard on NPR's Marketplace awhile back (I think) that Cadillac's headquarters is setting up in NJ like the USA headquarters of BMW and Mercedes Benz. I know the New York auto sh ow is near that area each year, too.

I also heard of another auto show advertised at Overpeck Park in NJ, but I don't know if its as high end or not. I'm not much of a car person, anyhow .

Reply to
mogulah

Cadillac is moving its HQ to Manhattan -- SoHo district, which is now very pricey.

Their antique car show starts tomorrow. There are about 10 or 12 car shows in New Jersey this weekend.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You subbed to his you tube channel?

Reply to
Steve W.

I just watch it from time to time.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I know that over the years with NBC and their various associates, they have quite-often visited the issue of neighborhood high-octane street racing in New Jersey.

Reply to
mogulah

Not a lot. Some on Route 9 (Bruce Springsteen: "Out on highway 9"; "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"). But the best was always Woodward Avenue in Detroit:

Young engineers from the Big Three used to try their latest ideas out there. They started with a rolling start at around 20 mph so they wouldn't burn up their clutches.

Reply to
Ed Huntress