John Deer Tractor lift handle repair

My uncle let me borrow his small John Deer tractor which is several years old with a tiller attached to it. The lever which you ise to lift the tiller attachment up and down broke off halway up. (It was like this before I got it).

Are these things cheap to buy or any ideas on how to make one? If they are very expensive I thought about taking some 1 inch flat metal I have and wleding it to what is left of the handle and wrapping electrical tape around where your hand goes put there has to be some neater ideas you guys cfan think of.

Thanks!

Reply to
Don

You might be better-off bolting a repair, less chance of a heat affected zone.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

What part would the electrical tape play? Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Roy, shame on you!!! The electrical tape is to keep the bolts from being overstressed.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Gee, let me take another look at this situation...

I am too cheap to get my own equipment or rent what I need. My uncle was generous and trusting enough to loan me his tractor and tiller (which he has invested several thousand in), and I broke it.

Now I am trying to figure out some way to butcher this thing and piece it back together and maybe he won't notice.....Rigggghhhhht

Here is some advice; Go to the local JD Dealer, order the part and have them install it. One less thing for you to screw up.

Oh, and don't ever ask to borrow anything from him again.

Reply to
Bonza

Gee, maybe you could learn to read before you fly off at the mouth.

"> (It was like this before I got it)."

Bonehead.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Does it look anything like one of these?

What model tractor is it?

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall