KAOS finally got 86

Get Smart was one of the higher points of levity in my yoot. JR Dweller in the cellar i asked you not to tell me that....

Reply to
JR North

Jordan

Dana, Adams, and Silverstein; Bill Dana (Jose Jimenez) Don Adams, and Shel Silverstein) was a company that fostered and produced many TV comedy programs of the era that are a part of our history. They were a behind the scenes force that really didn't get a lot of recognition. They did get the respect and loyalty of their watchers, though.

Another behind the scenes driving force in that era of television was Dwayne Hickman. (Dobie Gillis)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Buck Henry wrote for that show.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Missed him by *that* much!

The cone of silence.

Harold and Susan Vordos

Its still part of my machining vocabulary.....

" missed it by THAT much...."

sigh...

Gunner "Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire. Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us) off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give them self determination under "play nice" rules.

Gunner

The cone of silence still breaks me up when I think about it. We should probably mention Heime for the metal content.

Peter

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

Chief.

I use that line at least a couple times a week. Or, at the proper moment, 'Have ya gotta dime? A dime's much better...'

Fond memories.

mike, buckshot, & friends

Reply to
michael

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:14:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

I still get a moist spot thinking about Agent 86. She and Emma Peel ("The Avengers", Diana Rigg) really did it for me. "I Spy" was another fun spy program way back when

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Odd. I would've guessed that you'd prefer the Agent 99 (Barbara Feldon) type - not that there's anything wrong with that. Max probably wouldn't appreciate being referred to as "she", though.

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Have to agree with you on the ladies, they did it for me too, along with "Honey West".

Reply to
carneyke

Also Erin Grey on "Buck Rogers", Jane Seymour on 'Battlestar Galactica".

Gellar is too Joan Collins for my taste but "Buffy" was arguably the cleverest and best written of all.

jw

Reply to
jim.wilkins

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:30:25 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Tom Quackenbush quickly quoth:

Oops, Correction: Agent 99. (No hots for Max.) I should have remembered that. I used to call her Agent 69.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 29 Sep 2005 09:53:26 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@segway.com quickly quoth:

Amen.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nasty bastard!

Harold and Susan Vordos

There was also a lady by the name of Robin Douglass. She appeared in the short lived Galactica sequel "Battlestar Galactica: Earth" (?) Sadly she went by quite unknown.

regards,

MOngke

Reply to
Camilo Ramos

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:49:25 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

That's not all. They used to run a lot of KFC ads back then, too. I'd call her Agent 69 and then say "Finger lickin' good!", all in the same breath.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Do the women follow you around with a longing look in their eyes?

Harold and Susan Vordos

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:01:20 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

From the fried chicken smell, eh?

I thrive on bearded clams but can't stomach that KFC stuff, so no, they don't.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Damned shame! :-)

Harold