Clarke bandsaw parts

My Clarke brand 4 1/2" bandsaw just gave up the ghost. The driven gear in the gearbox is smooth as a baby's backside in several spots, and the teeth are sharp as knives in others. Does anyone know where to get spare parts? Does anyone know why this failed? I would love to make a new gear, but I haven't tried it yet, don't have the time, and understand that a worm drive makes the details very critical.

Reply to
J.S. Reed

David Billington

Regarding wear of the parts. The top of the worm tooth on mine was very sharp on the remaining non loaded side so the loaded side may have been the same so slowly chewing through the wheel. When I replaced them I radiused the edges on the worm carefully so hopefully this should prevent too much wear in the future. The originals did do quite a bit of work over a period of about 6 years or so.

My neighbour has >My Clarke brand 4 1/2" bandsaw just gave up the ghost. The driven gear in

Reply to
David Billington