KDE 6500T Diesel Gen Set?

A local industrial auction here has a bunch of new "KDE 6500T" diesel generators coming up. I'm interested but a web search shows little information. All the auction people say is that they are of "Asian" manufacture and are 110/220V. Was wondering if anyone had any further information especially where they are manufactured and how good (or bad) they are? Maybe the 6500 refers to Wattage (?). They are enclosed in a yellow coloured cabinet.

TIA for any help.........

Laurie Forbes

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

In article , Laurie Forbes wrote: :A local industrial auction here has a bunch of new "KDE 6500T" diesel :generators coming up. I'm interested but a web search shows little :information. All the auction people say is that they are of "Asian" :manufacture and are 110/220V. Was wondering if anyone had any further :information especially where they are manufactured and how good (or bad) :they are? Maybe the 6500 refers to Wattage (?). They are enclosed in a :yellow coloured cabinet.

Ever heard of Google?? Here's a promising link:

Robert Nichols

"Robert Nichols" wrote in message news:dnqcr1$dh0$ snipped-for-privacy@omega-3a.right.here...

Why no, what's a Google?

Thanks.

Reply to
Laurie Forbes
10^100^100
Reply to
Bob Chilcoat

Oops, no, that's a Googleplex. A Google is 10^100. Sorry.

Reply to
Bob Chilcoat

You must be thinking of a Googol :)

A Google is something worn over the eyes.....

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

Check dictionary, "goggle" eye covering. Not google

Reply to
Clif Holland

This is really strange. You must be familiar with Edward Kasner's writing, perhaps _Mathematics And The Imagination_. It was Kasner's nephew who coined "googol" and "googolplex."

I've run into quite a few people who have heard the terms. Either a lot of people read math books for fun, or the terms have been passed along in some other way.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:30:33 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

I believe I read it some Isaac Asimov book eons ago. Quick, how many miles are in a parsec?

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is that a 3-dimensional parsec, or a 4-dimensional parsec?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed, A parsec is a perfectly good unit of distance. ie. I guess that is single dimension. I use to know how far it was but havent been using those terms for about 50 yrs. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Ed, the terms were passed to the general population after they heard Carl Sagan say it billions and billions of times. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Should have included a smiley I guess (:>)

Laurie Forbes

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

I've heard of Kasner and his nephew but haven't read any of his books - I guess I'm just a science geek who picked up the term in reading science stuff or perhaps from Carl Sagan or other science educators.

BTW, I don't believe either term has a whole lot of applicability in the real world i.e.science as even a googol is a lot larger than the number of elementary particles in the universe. A googolplex of course is even more ethereal

Laurie Forbes

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

AHA! Yes, now I remember. He's the one who read Kasner.

Thanks for reminding me.

(BTW, _Mathematics And The Imagination_ is a good read for the imaginatively inclined. No calculus and no calculations to do, promise...)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The kid (he was 9 years old at the time, IIRC) was wrestling with the concept of infinity, and he and his uncle were exploring really big numbers of actual things at the time. The kid was being taught that even good scientists lose their bearings when numbers get really, really big.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

19182626981055.107150124206375225

from memory the short side being one AU or 93 million miles

Reply to
Guy Fawkes

imaginatively

Jeez. I hadn't picked it up for a few years, but it

*does* contain calculus and calculations. However, you don't have to *know* calculus -- it's just an explanation of what calculus is and what it's good for. And Kasner does the calculations for you if you're lazy.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Bob Nichols suggests:

Hey Bob and Laurie, Have a very close look then. Not sure where Laurie is located, but the spec shown with that webpage indicate 50 Hz, and therefore not real useful in North America as a back-up generator. If it's just a governor setting, then maybe it can be "fixed", but most I've seen use a vibrating reed indicator, and that would have to be replaced too.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I noticed that too but I've looked further and found a Canadian dealer on the web - they sell a 60 Hz, 120/240 version of the 6500T so I expect that's what is at the auction. I've got a call into this dealer to see if I can find the retail price - the auction folks say they have sold a lot of these in the past (all new units) and the price is usually in the 2K to 2.5K range.

Laurie Forbes

Reply to
Laurie Forbes