Knobs

Alright, I need some knobs. Just simple round plastic knobs that can handle a little heat. Preferably with a thread metal insert. They are going to go on the end of a push rod. I looked on the Grizzly site earlier and those look like threaded plastic. Also, I somehow missed where it said what threads they were. I'm not going to go buying a thousand of them. Maybe a dozen at a time and not to often at that. Right now I need 3, but I'ld buy a dozen if the price was decent, because I will need more in the future. Hand pressure, aluminum push rod, can handle being dropped without breaking. Who is the awesome vendor for this sort of thing. Oh, yeah somewhere in the

1.5" diamter range, but if somebody had a smokeing deal on 1.75" size would be a deal break. 3/8 NC internal thread would be ideal, but 5/16 NC would be OK too. I'ld just turn the end of the rod down before threading it. I'm going to turn it slightly anyway so it starts easier.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

P.S. Grainger's need not apply.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Ignoramus9645

Ned Simmons

Thanks Iggy. I should have remembered that. I just bought 10 off Ebay for a dollar a piece more than McMaster. LOL.

Next time maybe I'll remember.

(They might be close to the same price. The Ebay price included shipping.) If they arrive in a McMaster box you guys can all get a good laugh at me. ROFL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reid supply has the most complete selection of knobs I've tripped across in a supplier than might sell you one, three, or a dozen at once. Doesn't mean you might not find what you want elsewhere cheaper, but they have all sorts of knobs when you need an oddball and don't want it custom-made.

Inch-and-a-half spherical black phenolic with 3/8-16 brass insert will set you back 2.14 each, plus a minimum of $7.57 shipping on the order.

Or go down to the junkyard and grab shift-knobs off scrap cars - many are 3/8-16 and ballpark the size you want, though not spherical (what I assume you mean by round - could be you want cylindrical.)

Reply to
Ecnerwal

What I know is that McMaster has a killer selection of handles, big, small, ugly, beautiful, all colors, and mostly reasonably priced.

I am exaggerating only so very slightly.

I bought lots of handles from them, and I am very satisfied. Some went on equipment that I fixed and sold, some on the stuff I have for myself.

Ignoramus9645

Here's a cute one that I have on my lathe. It looks like a million bucks 1.5 years later and is very good to handle.

McMaster 60215K76

Brass round ball handle, 5/8-18 thread.

Ignoramus9645

And Carr Lane too.

and their knobs with available CAD files

Reply to
Brian Lawson