Kudos to Jet Tools

We had a customer bring in a very late model Jet drill press with an accidentally broken head casting (he tipped it over.) WMH Tool Group (Jet) sent out a new casting but we found it wouldn't fit. There had been a change in the casting recently and the parts did not interchange. The Chinese manufacturer of the drill press denies any casting change so Jet had an elegant solution. They refunded the modest amount paid for the replacement casting, telling me to discard it, and are sending my customer a completely new drill press. It does pay to do business with a quality importer. Leigh@MarMachine

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

Yes it does. (Yet some people still think that Jet charges more just for their name plate and a nicer paint job.)

I hope he's learned to bolt the base down to the floor from now on.

I've seen a lot of top-heavy machines free-standing on the floor. Always makes me cringe, particularly large bench grinders/buffers mounted on the top of un-secured pipe stands. Accidents waiting to happen.

Reply to
DeepDiver

Way cooll!

Gunner

Gunner

They also write the manuals in the USA, so they are actually usable.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Nice report, Leigh! It makes me take a fonder look at my 20" Jet drill press. Ooooppps! Also reminds me that I haven't yet bolted it down since moving it.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Exactly the reason I shoot people to Jet and Delta over some of the other importers when they can't afford or don't want Clausing, Ellis, etc.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill