Lathemaster 9x20 lathe

Is this type of lathe available under another banner name?Lathemaster's website seemingly is always out of stock on all their machinery.

Reply to
ED ROGERS

try

all the 9x20 are about the same where ever you get them

Paul in NE Ohio

Reply to
Paul Hiers

There can be some minor but important differences. My Jet 9x20 has a different spindle.

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

The Lathemaster looks different from the other 9x20 types.I think from a website photo from a few years back it was sold by Samuel machinery.Don't think they exist anymore.My second choice is the Grizzly

11x26 lathe.The drive to Grizzly is a 4 hour drive to there Pa. location.Want to see the footprint of this lathe as I am limited on space.
Reply to
ED ROGERS

To specifically answer the question. An essential equivalent can be had from Grizzly or Harbor Freight.

Reply to
Len S

Most of the machine importer/dealers have a version of the 9x20 lathe. They're pretty much all the same, with a few exceptions such as free shipping, a chip tray or additional piece of tooling included, or in the case of the Jet model which might have a SAE thread on the spindle nose (as someone else pointed out). The Enco price this month is $850 with free shipping. Lift gate truck service is extra, but if you can have a helper to pick it off the delivery truck you don't need it (250 pounds crated). Their current pricing is up about $200 from about 2-3 years ago.

The 9x20 will fit nicely on a stand with a 24" x 42" benchtop.

Reply to
Wild Bill

I have a nice clean Jet version, with most of the tooling, on a factory stand. Price is $750. and it is in Wright's hardware in Costa Mesa,CA. There is a an 8% price increase coming shortly, on all Jet products, so you can expect all far east imports will be going up as well. Leigh@MarMachine

Reply to
Leigh Knudson

I had a Jet BD920 and sold it when I moved.Years later I went to a tool expo where the Jet was originally purchased.Unless the model was laying in some warehouse for years the quality was worse than my older unit (which was not great to begin with).The supposed extra quality of a Jet product was not there.

Reply to
ED ROGERS