Lead angle for boring bar?

Should an insert on a boring bar be neutral?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Usually..but it depends on if its a postive or negative insert.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Looking at a CCMT with a 7 degree relief.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Why do you ask?

Pete Stanaitis

Louis Ohland wrote:

Reply to
spaco

There are bars with negative, neutral, and positive (best I can understand the drawings/photos) angles. What seems to be sensible is a bar with the insert at 0 degrees (horizontal) when mounted.

Reply to
Louis Ohland