Lettering on metal

I did a perfect circle using handwheels and turning them by precisely calculated amounts. It was, in fact, my first milling project.

Ignoramus20845

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 03:54:13 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ivan Vegvary" quickly quoth:

What's HSP? High speed potmetal?

-- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -- George S. Patton

Reply to
Larry Jaques
< s n i p >

< s n i p >

Ivan,

You mentioned *your* *stick* welding would be kind of crude. How about someone else's *tig* welding. Many tig welders can get pretty narrow and adjusting the current might give you just enough depth, etc. Have someone practice on a similar piece of material to demonstrate some adjustments. You just may find what you want in one of them.

I've heard of welding beer cans together with a tig rig....probably one that gets down in the 1 - 5 amp range. Some of the Lincoln Precision Tig rigs come down to 2 amps.

One of the racing teams depends heavily on one of the Precision Tig models.

Al

Reply to
Al Patrick

HSP is bad typing. I meant HSS, high speed steel. I would still like to know what YOU know about special fonts and engraving tools.

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I am still not sure about lead and solder through a mask. One method which I intend to try out in the near future is to mask as you do and *electroplate* the letters in copper. But that is a whole different set of skills.

Reply to
Michael Koblic