License Plate Forming - How?

Ãx?]?AoÕ0?ïþ{@´½??@â?Z© õRP{CÚ?Ø??í4?gì¼J?£íñîì?Ý(Ç@>æBÅ )?BÞi Yhö\?â0u?4§?¾ ­I?M'£Ë%m¤â@·±ÄD÷bö?i?\$??©ê? XSLF Ð3%A#-S­«ö?«+?Â2õ?2M\´ual.?LìB]5å;ZÑÎîå3;Ck\¼!5JÁEçÅT¯ÖMý¬?üFÚrq?mzu
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I thought plates were made by prison labor.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Reply to
mk10

I think most states have "determined" that forcing convicts to do actual labor was "cruel and unusual" punishment, or slave labor, or both. So they outsource.

Reply to
Rex

and

Pete C.

More than you could ever want to know! (Unless you wanted to set up in competition).

Reply to
Newshound

Fantastic, thanks!

Before I read that I hadn't ever realized that the embossing has for years been primarily there to make counterfeiting harder.

And I got the answer I was asking for. It appears that for the present the embossing dies for each plate are selected and stuck into the press by human operators.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

No - that was what the libs thought. Child labor in Jr. high classes screw our kids minds up nicely.

They pay killers and rapers to do work like make plates, grow food.....

Mart> Wes wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I just noticed a few days ago that Texas plates are no longer stamped, just coated.

Reply to
Gary Brady