Looking for a Manufacturer

I have need of someone to make a beltbuckle from a blueprint and photo. This will be fashioned from flat and rod brass that is cut to shape and soldered into location. Some forming is required also. The finished part will require a mirror polish on all outward appearing surfaces. Because of the final use of this/these buckles I need a much better quality then little old cobbler me can do. This MAY be an ongoing situation, but probably never more than one at a time. To save on the paper work, duties and such, I have been limiting my search to inside the U.S. Would anyone have in mind a possible source for this kind of production? All ideas and comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks K.

Reply to
Kay

Probably best to cast this; lost wax? Never tried but I am certain someone on the group could advise you on this. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I would like to look at your project also.

-- Bill Browne Excalibur

Claims, Taft-Hartley Fund, & Pension Administration Software

Reply to
Bill Browne

You might consider having a mold made by CNC machining and then using the lost wax casting to produce the buckles. Your local library is likely to have some info on lost wax casting in books on making jewelry.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

If he can create the part on a computer in 3-D, or carve a 100% size model, he could use stereolithography or the mock-up directly to create the silicone mold for the wax.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Or, have an original model fabricated in metal, have a vulcanized rubber mold made, make wax patterns from the rubber molds, and use lost wax casting to make the buckles.

Paul K. Dickman

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
larry g

Thanks Everyone. I appreciate your taking time to consider this situation and to be so kind as to offer your suggestions. Considering a casting never crossed my mind and probably wouldn't have without your suggestions. This particular requirement probably isn't a canidate for casting but future ones may, and now I have that info to draw on. Because of all your efforts, it appears that this project may go forward after all. Thanks, K.

Reply to
Kay