Looking for an idea for a rotisserie for like 50 to 100 lbs

what can I use out there to turn about 100 pounds max, simple cheap, can be found or made from any home appliance or car part or whatever for a pig roaster.

somign that will go the distance for like 8 hours at a max of about 5 rpm or less.

Reply to
amc

Bicycle gears and chain are in near every dumpster. Windshield wiper motor in near every junk car.

Reply to
Beecrofter

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:06:24 -0400, "amc" pixelated:

How about a rotisserie motor, sport? ;)

An eclectic can opener (or electric, your choice) is probably the closest of the kitchen appliances for that purpose. Then again, they're not made to run continuously for hours. I've seen rotisserie motors on Ebay for a buck. Why buck it for a buck? (+s/h)

--- Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Small electric motor - 1/4 hp perhaps, driving an old rototiller gearbox. Ken.

Reply to
Kenneth W. Sterling

a standard rotisserie motor will stall on an off balanced 20# turkey

Reply to
Wwj2110

Reply to
amc

Made one about 25 yrs ago and still use it a couple of times a year. Used a 50:1 reducer from an farm conveyor hooked to a washing machine motor. Fiddling around with pulley and sprockets got it to 15 RPM. The rest is a 1" stainless bar for the spit and a pipe frame that can be knocked down. Done pigs up to 110 lbs. I think you really need a chain and sprocket driving the spit for the big ones so that the thing doesn't flop around too much if it's off balance.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Butrym