Looking for power switch for a power hacksaw

My dad gave me a Model Machine Works (Glendale, CA) power hacksaw and I am in the process of cleaning it up.

The saw has a clyndrical power switch (about 3" dia x 2.5" tall) with two vertical buttons (on & off). When the saw finish its cut, a lever on the saw arm pushes the black OFF button and the saw turns off.

The switch is maked 1/4HP 125V and the logo of CH. I presume this means Cutler and Hammer. I have searched Cutler and Hammer's web site listings of vintage switches but none like this shows up.

Picture of switch:

My problem is the switch base is partially broken. Any thoughts on where I could find a replacement one of these? Or any idea of a part number? In the worst case I could use an enclosed toggle switch provided it had good enough repeatability. But it would be nice to find an equivalent switch.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Meyer

Hey Charles,

Good Luck >

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I can't help with the part, but I would be interested in a pic of the switch mounted on the saw and how it is actuated by the lever.

How broken up is the base? Could it be welded or a new one fabricated? Nice round base shouldn't be hard to lathe up!

Zed

Reply to
zedbert