Lots of used metal lathes for sale

More than I remember ever seeing, and even a few bargains. That's in northern Ca. What does the rest of the country look like?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Very nice and active market, at 60% of previous prices.

Ignoramus22805

No change here in North Texas.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Whereas a machine could be bought for $300 and sold for $1000 before, it can be bought for $200 and will sell for $600, more or less. (this is not really easy money, as it involves dirty hands, late night parcel packing, oven cleaner, etc)

There is, as always, a lot of variability, so this anecdotal observation may not necessarily possess a lot of accuracy.

The industry does look distressed to me, though I necessarily see it through the prism of liquidations.

Ignoramus22805

Reply to
RoyJ

Check out California......

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch