Slightly OT: anybody here roll fascia trim ?

I have a twenty year old house I built with matching soffit, fascia and guttering until about a year ago, when a tree knocked and destroyed a piece of fascia trim. All efforts has proved fruitless including the original mfg. Norandex. They still make the fascia just not in that color. I have located coil stock in the correct color (gutter coil) and thickness .030 aluminum but so far no one to roll it. There are a handful of people on the net that say they roll fascia trim, but there machines a differnet pattern. Norandex's e-mail bounces and the local store says use a metal brake. Yeah right. I can come close on a 6" test piece but 10'..... come on. I have a comercial brake at work but this is roll formed not brake formed. If anyone has an idea or lead let me know. Other than send you pics I don't have a way of showing you all the piece but here are the specs and a sketch.

____/\____/\____/\____/\____ ]

The ribs are way exagerated. They are perhaps the height of the thickness of a credit card. Measuring from the top of the fascia trim it is : 1/2" to

1st rib, 2-1/2" to 2nd rib, 4-1/2" to 3rd rib. 6-1/2" to 4th rib, 8" to 90 degree bend, 1" to next 90 degree bend 3/16" turned up lip. The above drawing is laying down rather than vertical.

Of course this piece is the first one you see coming up the driveway and is why I am trying to get a close match. Everyone says tear a piece off the back of the house and put up front. It is not that simple due to decorative beams that protrude from the fascia and you guessed it ......are covered in the same color and have slight variations that keep me from moving the trim this way. Unless Norandex custom built their owm fascia roller someone has one of these somewhere. I have even seen this fascia at Home Depot and Lowes a few years back, same pattern and all just in white or brown. Lesson learned: trim a house in whit or brown, you will always be able to get trim for it. BTW the old Norandex color is Tan and the Klein aluminum color is antique ivory. Thanks for reading and all comments are welcome. Lyndell

P.S. I only need about 20' feet of this but I will make it worth someones while to set up and roll this for me if they have the roll former.

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson

Paint or custom powder coat.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Klein aluminum say's they can get the exact paint in spray can form. Not my first choice but it may have to go that way if no other leads develop. I has been about a year and at this point I will paint the fascia if all else fails. :-) Thanks Lyndell

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson

What's the color? I have two rolls of aluminum, 24" wide, never been touched.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

It is between an tan and wheat color. You might not have seen the original post. I have the metal in gutter coil stock, but the fascia trim was roll formed with 4 small ridges in it horizontaly to keep it from oil canning (bending). It is on a corner of the house that shows and I would really like to duplicate it. Norandex (MFG) got back with me today and said they could not help cuz they are a distributor not MFG. They did not state who is. Someone has this roll former cuz they still make the fascia just not in this color. Noradex Reynolds color was TAN. That was 20 years ago. If your box says that on it I might be interested.........just in case we have another storm. I could send a pic but it is hard to match a color on the computer. Thanks Lyndell

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson