Machinery Handbook #26

The Machinery Handbook #26 might show up in the e-books news group tomorrow. That's what I heard anyway.

Reply to
Diamond Dave

I already have it, it is a great reference.

Ignoramus27983

#27 is out now. My supplier has one for $50. Good price? If anyone's innerested, email me for a contact #. Have screw dimensions/threads changed since the 20th edition? Carbide? :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

It's a PITA to use as an e-book. I have a hardcopy and am so much happier. I tried the e-book for about an hour and decided it was just a PITA. Better than nothing, but not by much.

JW

Reply to
jw

They should throw the CD in along with the printed copy.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I think they do.

My preference is to have the book in the shop for ready reference, but keep the PDF version on my PC to use the search function.

Reply to
Rex B

My toolbox edition of 27 didnt have a cd with it. doesnt matter though i keep the book handy and ebooks physically tire me to read when i need to look up alot of info

Reply to
Brent Philion

We were quoted $126 per for the 27th Ed. for our shop. We figure to buy

  1. That's in Canadian $,

$50 is bordering on gloatable, IMO.

And I doubt the pertinant info has changed since dirt was invented, but what the hey!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

They don't - they sell it that way.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I like the fact that I can carry the info to my workspace....and that it works without electricity... and that my eyes don't get tired... and that the search function does not rely on my spelling skills...and..and...and... I like books! :-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Reply to
RoyJ
85 CANADIAN at chapters.ca

Toolbox edition of the 27th ed

new book and 2 m> "Proctologically Violated©®" wrote:

Reply to
Brent Philion

the Math section in 27 is 137 pages

Basically i wish i bought this book at age 14 > My only printed copy is the 13th edition, printed 1946. This was before

Reply to
Brent Philion

Actually, calculators and computers existed then and before - just not in every shop or house yet.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn