Making rings : need a good & cheap black white metal contrast

I'm wanting to make some mokueme gane rings.
I'm looking for a wearable mix of metals that will have a good contrast white/black pattern.
I'm also looking for cheap materials so no gold if any way possible.
ANy suggestions?
John Fly wrote:

Contact my friend James Binion at http://www.mokume-gane.com /
He has lectured, tought workshops and published papers on the subject.
Tell him, I sent you. That may help ... or not :)
Good is possible, cheap probably not.
Another person to contact is George Sawyer at http://www.georgesawyer.com /
He knows me also. He may be less willing to share his knowledge, but you can give it a try.
Abrasha http://www.abrasha.com

This comes to mind: http://www.titaniumrings.com /
But it's probably not feasible for mokume-gane.
-Frank
--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:
Frank J Warner wrote:

Titanium cannot be bonded with non ferrous metals in a kiln, which is what is done in the mokume gane process.

So why do you mention it as a possible solution? :)
Abrasha http://www.abrasha.com

Ti and tungsten mokume is available as jewelry. The OP didn't specify ferrous/nonferrous.
I just saw some interesting mokume done with nickel and copper, from (old) pennies and 5-cent pieces.

Throwing ideas out at random. The OP can swat them out of the air as they fly by. :)
-Frank
--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:

contrast
Wow! What an incredible array of knives. Congratulations!