motor on tricycle

When good motorcycles go bad:

No connection with seller, just thought the bike nuts would like to see it.

Reply to
ff

i have a friend who owned a 2 stroke three wheeler (250cc?? cant remember the dispacement) that was the scariest thing i've ever ridden. Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable. That's probably why they dont make them anymore.

walt

Reply to
wallster

Good cure for c*nstipation

Reply to
m1ss_wh1te

Ya just gotta know how to ride 'em. They have to drift a curve, until you get the hang of it, they're something else..

Stupid people putting kids on big three-wheelers was the source of them being made illegal.

John

Reply to
JohnM

What is wrong with it?

Reply to
stryped

Crazy fast acceleration and any turn was really unstable.

Reply to
Artemia Salina

When I was a kid we made something similar with a Honda 305 motor in it. That was long before the 3 wheeled ATVs became popular. The fork and frame were made from fence pipe!

And when I was even younger, we made the "rub the tire" bikes like the OP asked about, We just pounded one of the wood rollers from a reel type lawn mower onto the shaft, made a few clamps using angle iron, then clamped it to the back of the bike frame, just behind the seat.

We also put motors on pedal cars, and speaking of tricycles, we would take the fork off one, flip the frame over, put the fork back on, then mount the motor on the back. Of course, all of them were illegal to ride, but we went out at night anyway. Nowadays, kids are blasting around everywhere and the cops don't seem to mind...

Reply to
Rick

I found a picture of my buddy on it. Note the precautionary invisible helmet. Stupid people like this guy.

walt

Reply to
wallster

Heh..

Reply to
JohnM

I always say: You spend as much for the helmet as you think your head is worth.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Harley Davidson built a trike about 50 - 60 years ago and homebuilt trikes with the VW flat four motor were fashionable here in NZ for a while in the 1960's. Beautiful to look at but they combine the disadvantages of a motorcycle and a car. For a while small trikes were popular here as farm vehicles but now they have dissapeared and good riddance.

Reply to
Roger_Nickel

Try riding one off-road across the face of a hill.

Reply to
Roger_Nickel

I don't remember ever doing that but I'll bet it gets interesting. It's gonna try to go downhill if you do what feels natural, and if the hill is steep enough it's going to turn over if you do what you think you should.

Regardless, they're heaps of fun.

John

Reply to
JohnM