charles

If you are in the USA, see

They make a line of restaurant-ware and do custom stampings.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

The steel is .05"-.064" (pretty heavy) or we though maybe Aluminum of

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Speaking of stainless, and of cookware, does anyone have any idea how to make a custom fork? I don't want a fancy forged fork that looks like it was made in the Civil War, rather I want something rather like a heavy dinner fork only with at least 6 tines closely spaced and ground flat at the ends. It isn't for eating, it's for specialized cooking techniques I learned in Provence. I don't have the first idea how to make a dinner fork. Anyone?

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Laser cut it from 17-4PH SS , bend and heat treat

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

We have some beautiful bronze ware that I bought for my love - the handles look like and feel like branches. There are leave / branch look - crooked and all. They were poured and then ground to shape.

Really, the fork is shaped for the function it is used for. The four forks used in formal dinning all have their place while the serving forks are much wider.

Early flatware was just from flat that was pressed into shape.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The steel is .05"-.064" (pretty heavy) or we though maybe

I think your best bet for this is metal spinning. You might want to contact Toledo Metal Spinning (

). I'm sure they can provide you with a product made to your specs.

HTH, PJ

Reply to
PJ