Material Grades?

Currently we are attempting to discover what grades of Monel are commonly available and the machinability of each. This is always a
problem for us when the material requirement is something other than steel or aluminum. We have tried to use MatWeb many times in the past, but that site is overwhelming and we have never been able to use it successfully. It's obviously designed for those higher up the foodchain then us. Finding info about Monel, Titanium, and Copper are the biggest problems for us. We would really enjoy hearing how others find this type of information. All ideas, comments, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:44:44 -0700, kthr33 wrote:

Have you tried asking the vendor?
Good Luck! Rich
In article <1122482684.090368.219910

I've been treated well by the tech support folks at Special Metals...
http://www.specialmetals.com/about.htm
when specifying various Inconel alloys. They do Monel and other high nickel alloys as well.
Ned Simmons
kthr33 wrote:

Here is a good book - a bit pricey but contains what you seek.
http://www.afsinc.org/estore/srch_Detail.asp?OrderNum=OS9902 ~ 225.00 USD.
It looks like the price is the same as when I bought the book and joined AFS.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn