Maybe I read it wrong

I got a belt driven lathe drill from Ebay.It has a 1/2" shaft.The problem is I'm reading the threads as 1/2-24 tpi.I can't find this die or tap anywhere.The shaft is definetly 1/2 inch.

Reply to
LorenzoRed

I have a 1/2-24 NS tap sitting right on front of me on my desk. It is marked VERMONT 1/2 NS 24 HSS M2I. it seems to be a plug tap. I can sell it to you for 40% of mcmaster price.

Ignoramus24595

McMaster do carry taps of that size. Part # 2595A261 for a bottoming tap. Part # 2600A135 for the die.

Reply to
Hunter

McMaster do carry taps and dies of that size.

Part # 26005A135 for the die Part # 2595A261 for a bottoming tap

Reply to
Hunter

hi my name is sameer do you wanna chat with me on webcam

Reply to
faru

What size tap do YOU have, Sameer?

Reply to
Rex

And, is it RH or LH?

Lim time!

The "tap" of a fellow named Fred Was adorned with a spiralized head. When at last he laid eyes, On a bum the right size, He was foiled by a left-handed thread!

Jeff (Who couldn't resist...)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

PLEASE don't do that when I'm sipping Jack. Oh, man, it burns.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

Could be worse; could have been a nice single-malt. Stings just as much but the pain of wasting it is so much more.

Reply to
Dave Hinz