MIG at home garage legality

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dan

Thanks. Really good info. Just a follow up question..... My garage is not attached to my house and is built into a rock hill with the front door being the only opening. Thus, the only ventilation I have is the front door. If I keep it closed while doing welds, will the gasses cause problems? Plan is to do a few quick welds and open the door to air out.

Reply to
unix

Thanks. Really good info. Just a follow up question..... My garage is not attached to my house and is built into a rock hill with the front door being the only opening. Thus, the only ventilation I have is the front door. If I keep it closed while doing welds, will the gasses cause problems? Plan is to do a few quick welds and open the door to air out.

You want ventilation while welding. Get a fan. A bathroom fan would work and run some flexible duct from the fan mounted in an exterior wall to the weld area. Then suck the fumes as you weld. Commercially is very similar to what is done. But good fans to exchange air in building.

Reply to
Bill McKee

Thanks. Really good info. Just a follow up question..... My garage is not attached to my house and is built into a rock hill with the front door being the only opening. Thus, the only ventilation I have is the front door. If I keep it closed while doing welds, will the gasses cause problems? Plan is to do a few quick welds and open the door to air out.

reply: Just remember that all that smoke goes somewhere, and some of it ends up in your lungs. I would make an exhaust fan somewhere, and run it while welding just to keep any smoke at a continuous low unnoticeable level. If you stick, you will have more smoke. Don't have a strong draft on the MIG welding area. Even those whirlybird exhausts work pretty good for sucking out the smoke.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B