MIG Welding

I have certainly done this but I don't do it much anymore unless it's easy. I might section one (cut with bandsaw) to inspect it. I kinda know what fused metal looks like by now.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Hey Iggy,

I checked the chart on the PM300, non synergic GMAW for 1/4" settings are

375IPM @ 19.4V C25, 22V Co2. With .045 it says 220IPM @ 20V C25 and 200 @ 21V Co2.

There would be a fair difference in the amperages and current density from .035 to .045 settings so I would assume slight weaving with the .035 to get the correct bead size.

Matt

Reply to
matthew maguire