Milwaukee mini-mill spindle

Hi all
I am new to this group but have recently purchased a milling machine that
was a real project for someone previous to me. The only part that is
milwaukee is the head. The center part is Bridgeport and the base and table
assembly is Oesterlein.
Anyway, I am having a problem finding collets the correct size. I am not
real familiar with all the dif. Types and sizes of collets that are
available.
My problem is that the hole in the arbor is just a bit too large for a
number 2 morse taper. I am wondering if anyone knows what size this should
take and where I can get different collets and tooling to fit this head.
Reply to
John R. Draxler
I'd guess it might be R-8.
Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
Reply to
Ron Thompson
30 taper is often called American Standard. Perhaps not accurately..but it might be a good place to start
There are also some smaller, rather more rare tapers of the same outline.
This is a very good primer on the various tapers, and Ive used it a lot to identify Stuff.
Check the NMTB and the Brown and Sharp tapers. If its a long deep taper..it might well be a B&S 7
Milwaukee was one of the names used for Kearny Trecker machine tools btw
Gunner
"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann
Reply to
Gunner
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:53:50 GMT, Ron Thompson calmly ranted:
Look around. The man was right on the money.
---- - Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -
Web Applications
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Nice quote, Gunner, but since so many seem to think Bush is the next-best thing since Prometheus, I say let's get a bigger eagle and go for the liver! Metalworking content: I'd be happy to help forge the hold-down chains....:-)
Regards,
Bob
Reply to
Bob Edwards
Each to their own devices. Got an IBM Selectric handy?