Minimum size T-slots

The minimum bolt diameter is pretty much a function of what kind of loads you want to clamp down, home many bolts you want to use, and what kind of bolts you use. If a couple of grade 2 bolts will do it, ok. If not........

Mcmaster sells square head bolts in 1/4" size, these are ungraded, not sure if that means grade 2 or the grade 5 that is mentioned in the overall description.

I'd suggest making your own 'T' nuts or just chunks of bar stock with holes drilled and tapped in them. You could make your own table with some heavy bar stock, lighter bar stock plug welded on the back to keep the nuts from spinning, and the heavy stock welded to a frame with the gaps set for the bolt sizes you want.

If you do any sort of repetitive bolt and unbolt cycle, you will f> Hello,

Reply to
RoyJ

Hello,

My question is - what should be the minimum size of the home-made T-slot (would be used for some non heavy-duty fixture)? Plan is to build the T-slot from CRS bars and use STANDARD bolts and nuts with size around 1/4". Also what would be the source of such bolts and nuts (not so heavy-duty and cheap)? Guys like McMaster generally stock only big sizes of high quality (expensive) bolts.

Archi

Reply to
Zayonc

Thanks, Roy!

I found some small sized T-slot bolts in the LittleMachineShop but it anyway looks like 1/4 isn't an option if standard supplier is needed. I'll try to go to bigger sizes and LMS even have the T-slotted table available for very low price - I need longer one but may be this will work also.

A.

Reply to
Zayonc