Module & Diametral threads?

Many lathes have Module and Diametral settings for the gearbox. When it comes to precisely spaced round parts the only things I'm familiar with in regards to Module and/or Diametral pitch are gears, knurls, worms and pulleys. Are the Module and Diametral designations for cutting worms only or are there parts that would be produced on a lathe with the aforementioned designations? Thanks, Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

For cutting worms, and blanking hobbing cutters.

Can't think of any other uses.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

That would be anything that looks like a screw and meshes with a gear. And the only thing coming to my mind are worms. Looking in a lathe operator's handbook, only worms. Googling, I found that module threads are rarely used for hydraulic fittings.

Trevor's hobs are right too.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Thanks Trevor. That's all I can think of too. Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

I thought so. Thanks. ERS

Reply to