Motor gloat

I got my cement mixer hooked up the other day by stealing the 1 hp motor from my band saw. Just to get it running. I didn't like the looks of it, and wondered how well it would do with 180# of wet concrete in it. Plus, I can't use the saw and the mixer at the same time.

Put an ad on freecycle.org, and had an e mail the same day. The lady was divorced, and it was laying around the garage for a couple of years. Got a Dayton 1 1/2 hp motor for free. I had a bunch of 7-11 free coupons for large Slurpees that my daughter, a LEO, got for free, so I gave them to her for her kids. This thing weighs about three times as much as the 1 hp, and I KNOW this will handle it. The current motor hangs there, the weight of the motor keeps the belt on the top larger pulley. This weighs so much, I may have to put an allthread so it tensions, but doesn't just hang there and stretch the belt. So, I can put the saw motor back in place, and get the mixer going and do my awning.

I love freecycle.org, and would suggest you check it out. There are lots of baby clothes, and worthless junk, but when you want something, there's always a chance. And when you want to dump stuff, it usually disappears quickly and people come and pick it up.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:

Steve B

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignoramus4117

I've given away about 30 video monitors on Freecycle, and a few on Craigslist.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

GAD!! who can read white on a black background in tiny font?

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

I don't have any problem with it. Now, the links with red-on-black are impossible.

With Firefox, holding down "Ctrl" will allow the mouse scroll wheel to zoom the whole page. I.e., make the text larger.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

================ I don't know which browser you are running, but Mozilla Firefox has an addon called nosquint that allows you to set the text/graphic zoom levels, text/background colors, and visited/unvisted link colors both globally and by site.

see

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Sweet!

Reply to
CaveLamb

In IE , if you click on "page" in the upper right corner a menu scrolls down . Hover over "zoom" and select the zoom level you like . Just below "zoom" is "text size" ... I use 'em both from time to time , my eyes are getting weak too .

Reply to
Snag

With IE and a Microsoft keyboard just hit the magnify slider on the keyboard. With Windows 7 and current generation Microsoft mouse, hold the button on the side of the mouse and scroll the wheel.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'm using Sea Monkey which is just the latest version of what us to be Netscape which I have used since ever. and if I have to mess around every time I go to a web site to change text, color etc. I'll just back up and ignore it. ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Another approach is 'Readability', as found at [1]. At that site, you choose style/size/margin settings, and then drag-and-drop the Readability button onto a browser toolbar. Thereafter, when you encounter a hard-to-read page, you click that button and the current page is displayed sans ads and unrelated fluff (until reloaded) using your chosen style/size/margin.

[1]
Reply to
James Waldby