need help finding part for finger tip control for tig welding

Those were used in transistor radios as volume controls.

Michael A. Terrell

The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap. $107.00 for the replcement pot with circuit board from Miller. Similar pots at Newark are under $1.00 However I can't seem to find the correct size and resistance value with a switch. The t18 series from Piher seem perfect but I can't find anyone that carries them.

anyone know where I could get these? or a similar one. Needs to be

1000 ohms (1k) I'm sure I could make either lead style work.

Remove 333 to reply via email

Reply to
rbraun333

The Alpha's have an audio taper, would not work well for this application. The Xicon's do not come in 1K. Close but no cigar. My cousin has a handfull of 10K pots from his father's collection of parts when he used to fix radios and other electronics.

Remove 333 to reply via email

Reply to
rbraun333

Don Foreman

I can't find any with a switch at digikey. All the 1k's are .350" dia, and the 16mm ones do not come in 1k.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Have you thought about just adding a separate switch?

Lots and lots of tiny little switches around nowadays.

It would open up a whole lot more possibilities (shrug).

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Think small transistor radio scrap out part.

Try RadioShack - they might have it in house.

Mart> The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap.

Martin H. Eastburn